Hang En Cave is probably the world’s 3rd largest cave and is quickly becoming one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam. Its size will blow you away, and our campsite located within the cave beside a lazy river, will leave you speechless. You’ll examine fascinating fossils in one part of the cave over 300 million year old, and around every corner be subjected to the most picturesque views.
A stop in the ethnic minority Ban Doong Village, set amongst the limestone mountains is a highlight for many, not to mention the pristine jungle, many river crossings, and jovial porter team, made up of local jungle men!
Hang En is one of our famous caves that has been featured within National Geographic, The New York Times, Lonely Planet, Dailymail UK and recently on Good Morning America, in front of over 6 million audience members, as well as in Pan (2015), a newly-released blockbuster film distributed by Warner Bros. Entertainment (Hollywood).
You’ll also have the opportunity to see Hang Lanh (or “Cold Cave” in English) on the tour, which is a new addition to our 2017 itinerary. This 2 day, 1 night tour will truly be an unforgettable experience during your time in Vietnam.
Come and find out what makes Hang En so popular and amazing
Special Note: Hang En Adventure Cave Camp
Hang En Adventure Cave Camp is easy-to-moderate for anyone who considers themselves physically fit and who participates in regular outdoor activities, and moderate-to-hard for anyone with limited trekking experience. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease before taking part in the tour.
- 25 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Multiple river crossings: 30 times (knee deep, 10 – 50 m wide river)
- Elevation change up to 400 m (between road and valleys)
4 km caving
- 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves
- Adventure Level: Moderate (25 km) for physically active guests
- Availability: Regular Departures (check availability
- Small Group Tours: average 10 - 16 pax (required minimum 2 pax)
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 8:00 am - 8:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha.