While not physically connected to Son Doong, Hang Nuoc Nut and Hang Va are part of Son Doong cave system based on their shared water flow. Some explorers even commented that the stalactites and stalagmites in Hang Va are even more beautiful and extraordinary (see pictures below) than Son Doong cave, but you should see and feel it yourself.
These caves were found recently in 2012. To be one of the people who put early human steps into the caves, you will have to hike, stoop through the entrance, use ropes and cross some rivers including the ones inside the caves.
But don’t worry, we provide the very best adventure experiences with every aspects of the trip are carefully planned including delicious meals, the highest safety standards, and friendly and informative adventure guides.
Come and enjoy unique and unforgettable experiences in the caves with our dedicated adventure tours. Although this tour operates 3-4 times per week, the maximum capacity is only 8 people per tour, so please book in advance because available places will be filled very quickly.
Special note: Hang Va Expedition
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 10km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- 3km caving in river caves (cold water, 17 degree Celcius, waist deep)
- Elevation gain is 150m (between road and mountain top)
- 20m traverse using rope and harness
- 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves
- Note: Be prepared for your shoes to get very wet due to many river crossings!
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Adventure Level: Moderate-to-hard for physically active guests (basic trekking experience required)
- Availability: 3 departures / week
- Small Group Tours: 2 - 8 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years old
- Tour Starts: 8:00 – 8:30 AM, from any local hotel in Phong Nha