Tu Lan Cave System is comprised of over 10 caves in all, some of which were originally discovered and explored in 1992, and some of which were just found in the past couple years. Hang Ton, first found in 1992 and explored more in depth in 2012, appears first on the horizon on a trek to this intricate cave system. Its dry entrance provides an outstanding view of the valley below, and promises many more adventures inside. A ladder inside leads to the floor of the cave, and from there the journey truly begins, where one must swim through the cave to reach the exit on the other side.
This tour is to give you a taste of Tu Lan, see the immense formations of Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) before trekking to impressive Hung Ton Cave and To Mo Valley.
- Availability: Daily
- Small Group Tours: Maximum 12pax
- Minimum Age: 16 -70 years
- Tour Starts: 7:00 am - 7:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha.
- Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 9km trek through valleys forest and river crossing
- 800m cave exploration; elevation gain 60m
- 15m ladder climbing; 150m swimming in underground river)
- Swimming and wading at the waterfall
- Easy to moderate trekking
- Basic trekking experience
- Need to have swimming skill