This tour is perfect if you are short on time but still want a solid taste of adventure in the amazing Tu Lan jungle and cave system. You will enjoy exploring Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Hung Ton Cave and of course Tu Lan Cave. You’ll also be subjected to a decent amount of trekking with over 12 km of tough jungle terrain covered over the two days and plenty of swimming!
Tu Lan Cave System is comprised of over 10 caves in all, some of which were originally discovered and explored in 1992, and some of which were just found in the past couple years. Hang Ton, first found in 1992 and explored more in depth in 2012, appears first on the horizon on a trek to this intricate cave system. Its dry entrance provides an outstanding view of the valley below, and promises many more adventures inside. A ladder inside leads to the floor of the cave, and from there the journey truly begins, where one must swim through the cave to reach the exit on the other side.
- Availability: Every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Small Group Tours: Average 2 - 8 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 7:30 am - 8:00 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 12km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 1 km swimming in caves (from 200m – 500m each cave)
- 3 km caving
- 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves
- Basic trekking experience
- Must be able to swim