Tu Lan Cave System is comprised of over 10 caves in all, some of which were originally discovered and explored in 1992, and some of which were just found in the past couple years. Hang Ton, first found in 1992 and explored more in depth in 2012, appears first on the horizon on a trek to this intricate cave system. Its dry entrance provides an outstanding view of the valley below, and promises many more adventures inside. A ladder inside leads to the floor of the cave, and from there the journey truly begins, where one must swim through the cave to reach the exit on the other side.
Our three-day trekking and caving adventure includes the very best wild caves of the region including Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave and Tu Lan Cave. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and one of the most talked about adventure experiences in Vietnam!
- Adventure Level: Moderate (18 km) for physically active guests (swimming is necessary)
- Availability: Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Small Group Tours: 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 7:30 am - 8:00 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 17km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 1 km swimming in caves (from 200m – 500m each cave)
- 4 km caving
- 3 days and 2 nights in jungle and caves
- Basic trekking experience
- Must be able to swim